Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rock It Resell














When I was pregnant with my daughter Clare, my sister Mary began her own business. Beside the fact that I was proud of my baby sister for having the smarts (and the guts) to do this, I was thrilled with the fact that it was a consignment shop for maternity and children's clothing called "Baby and Me". What perfect timing! Along with her friend and partner Anita, they have since opened 2 more "Baby and Me" locations. They have a thriving business and in this economy it has continued to grow. They have lately taken on a new endeavor, in a new market. Last October they opened their 4th consignment boutique called "Rock It Resell" which serves their "aging" demographic: young people and adults. Another coup for me as my children get older and I haven't been pregnant for years! I had the privilege of helping them design their new shop and it was truly an honor and so much fun. I loved every moment of it, from roaming Goodwill looking for fun art and props, to taking a "field trip" with them to Anthropology to get ideas. Between multiple thrift shops, IKEA and "HomeGoods" we got it done and it looks so great! It is a space I am very proud of and when I go there, not only do I get to see my sister and shop for amazing clothes at a great price, I get to hang out in a place that I had a hand in creating. I love it!

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness that space looks amazing! I love all the little touches like your pretty jewelry silhouette, the dandelion lamp, and the keep calm and carry on poster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute store! Congrats to your sister!
    Actually, I recently learned about consignment stores and I'm excited to visit one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a posh boutique. How cute is that microscope? Looks really inviting...congrats!

    ReplyDelete