Thursday, December 16, 2010

Back to Work

I have been a stay at home mom since right before my daughter Clare was born almost 11 years ago. I have been lucky enough, thanks to my very supportive husband to be there for every major and minor milestone in my 3 wonderful kids lives. I have loved every minute of it. Now that I have seen my big kid off to college and my 2 little ones are at school all day and have started to develop their own independence, it has become time to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. I am trained as a hairdresser and have worked in a few very nice salons, I have also worked out of my apartment, dunking my clients in the kitchen sink. Recently I have been cutting hair in my very comfortable home salon. I have felt lately that I want to make a change. I knew that the sky was the limit and that I could reinvent my self if I wanted to. After a lot of thought I knew that hair is where I still wanted to be. I truly love my clients, some of whom I have known for close to 25 years! I found a great little 3 station salon in my community that felt just right when I walked in. The other 2 women that already work there are close to my age, and are nice and seem drama free. I start January 1st and I am scared and excited at the same time. Wish me luck and hope I don't need it!

2 comments:

  1. Book me first! Book me first! I guess this means tomorrow will be my last cut and color in your beautiful home salon . . .I don't care where I get my hair did as long as it's did by Betsy.

    Happy for you--what an exciting change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that sounds like a fun new adventure! Good luck! xo

    ReplyDelete