Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Art of the LP

My family is too darn big to buy gifts for the whole crowd, so a few years ago we came up with a gift exchange. Everyone brings one gift based on a theme and then draws a number to decide the order of choosing and opening a gift. There is stealing involved and it's pretty fun. This years theme was "plastic" and after getting my original gift of saw blades (in a plastic case), stolen (I was not unhappy!) I got this great book. It's covered in a plastic sleeve, and record albums (for those who remember them) are made of vinyl which is a form of plastic, right? It's filled with both iconic and obscure album cover art, that brings to mind visions of my sisters and I driving over to Music Millennium to roam the stacks. Those great memories are really the best gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment