Friday, December 24, 2010

Advent Calender




A few years ago I saw an adorable knitted advent calender in a Garnet Hill catalog. Being an avid knitter at the time with a large stash of scrap yarn and a lot of time on my hands, I did what any good do-it-yourself-er does. I said those 4 magic little words that can sometimes (often) lead to trouble...."I could make that." And I did. I had no pattern so I just made it up as I went along. In about a week I made 12 little mittens and 12 tiny hats and stitched numbers on them all. I fill them each year with small trinkets or candy and for the month of December at least, it gets my curious kids out of bed on time!

2 comments:

  1. You're amazing, you know that? Happy holidays Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those four words get me into trouble OFTEN! You, however, did such an amazing job on that, so cute!

    ReplyDelete