Friday, October 8, 2010

How Bazaar!

My kids had no school today so last evening we headed up to the Lake House for the night. It's just a little over an hour away so we can do that: just pick up and go. I sat by the fire reading People Magazine while my kids watched "Uncle Buck" upstairs. Pretty high brow stuff I know but that is my idea of a vacation! On the way home today we stopped at the Plum Tree Bazaar, an annual craft/gift show put on by some of the craftier folks in Silver Lake this time of year. There are home made candles and soap, chalkboards in old frames, lots of handmade jewelry, Christmas and Halloween decorations, small furniture pieces and more. Its a fun stop for us, we get to support local crafters and we get to walk around in a cool old barn!

No comments:

Post a Comment