Friday, September 10, 2010

Dresser Redux






You might remember the little dresser I bought earlier this summer for $20.00. It was pretty beat up and needed new drawer pulls, but I love the lines and the wood grain and and for such a small piece it has tons of storage. (ok maybe not tons). I cleaned it up pretty good with "The Guardsman" and now just needed some new pulls. I was hoping for something art deco or lucite but after looking all over the internet, and spending some time at Hippo Hardware, I learned that this size pull (1 & 1/2 inch on center) is hard to find and I didn't want to drill new holes. Nothing worked. Well, once again while I was early to pick up my son from camp, my daughter and I drove by a local thrift shop that we pass by at least once a week, promising ourselves every time that we will stop someday. Well, with time to kill, we finally did and I'm so glad! I showed the clerk the one working pull I had been carrying around in my purse for weeks. She went over to a cabinet and out came exactly what I needed. They were so close to the old ones and only $2.00 for all 4. The funny thing is they are originally from IKEA where they were probably only slightly more expensive then the 2 bucks I spent. Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment