Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Please don't eat off the Art!





all images via Apartment Therapy


I have always loved plates on walls. No, not thrown at walls like some crazy Italian family in the movies, leaving messy streaks of spaghetti sauce dripping down the wall. I mean plates used as art. I have collected a few over the years but have tended to group them in a linear design, either horizontally or vertically, or flanking another piece of art. While browsing around the Internet I found these great photos of plate walls done in a completely new way! Very random and organic with a mix of old and new. I love that they look so effortless but I know in reality that it must have taken a lot of planning and trial and error to achieve that look. I think I need to dig out some of my old finds and start looking for some more modern pieces. I see a new kind of plate wall in my future, with no spaghetti sauce in sight!!

1 comment:

  1. I just did a post on mix and match plate arrangements and used some of the very same images. Great minds must think alike! I love how you can create an interesting, colorful display without spending a fortune. I just started my own plate wall in my kitchen and love it. It makes me smile every time I see it.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a Follower!

    ReplyDelete